All the anti aging creams that you see online are advertised as the solution to slow down the process of aging. What most of us understand of the anti aging solution is that they are made to make us look younger but the process of aging is much more complicated than we think. Aging is a complicated process that can affect our hormonal balance, immune system capacity, mental strength, sense of balance, etc.
- Drink More Water: Studies reveal that most of the people are chronically dehydrated. Water works as a natural lubricant. It can slow down the process of aging and improve the skin elasticity. It means the more water you drink on day to day basis, the less chances of appearance of wrinkles on your skin.
- High Antioxidant Foods: Antioxidants reduce the damage causing free radicals from the body. Modern American diet contain higher amount of processed food; unfortunately, this processed foods contain very low amount of natural antioxidants. Fruits like Blueberries can really take off your anti aging journey.
- Magnesium: Recent study reveals that a healthy men or women should get 300 to 400 mg of magnesium a day, however most of us never reach that mark. This is because we don’t eat food that contain high amount of magnesium. Some of the magnesium rich foods are spinach, kale, etc. Whole grains are also high in magnesium content. Magnesium maintains healthy blood sugar levels which is necessary to avoid glycation, the major culprit of the aging process.
- Reduce Inflammation: When the process of inflammation is accelerated, your body starts the aging process. You should eat the right food to reduce the inflammation effect.
- Exercise: You should try to reduce cellulite by doing resistance weight training with squats and lunges. This exercises prevent sagging of skin. Aerobic exercises should also be performed daily as they increase the strength of the immune system which helps in proper functioning of body functions. Some of the organs whose efficiency is directly related to the health of immune system are liver and kidneys which play an important role in the overall detoxification of the body, thus slowing down the aging process.
- You should lose weight slowly. Once you lose weight, try not to regain that weight. As the vicious cycle of losing and gaining weight stretches the tissue present between the muscles and the skin. Hence, your skin becomes rag.
- Reduce Your Stress: Stress affects our body more than anything. It decreases the lifespan of cells, changes the balance of hormones in the body, causes wrinkles on the skin, causes hair to fall, modifies DNA so that it cannot easily replicate itself, and produces high levels of cortisol, a harmone that accelerates the process of aging. If you want to live healthy young life, you have to reduce your stress levels. Exercises like Yoga and Long Distance Morning Walks can really help your body to relax and control stress.
- Avoid Direct Sun Exposure: Ultra Violet rays are one of the major causes of wrinkles and dark spots on your skin in your 30s. UV rays destroys the skin collagen and put break on production of skin collagen. You should use a SPF sun screen in order to prevent new dark spots from forming. You can also wear a hat that can protect you from direct sun light.
- Detoxification: When we eat food, some heavy metals and other pollutants enter our body. Drinking more water works as a natural detoxification system. You can also eat more green vegetables to detoxify your body.
- Get More Sleep: When we go to bed, our body repairs the dead cells. It also absorbs nutrients quickly and efficiently. Hence, you should at least sleep for 8 hours in order to slow down the aging process.
All the above anti aging solutions are natural methods to slow down the aging process, but you should never expect a miracle out of them. However, if you follow this natural methods in combination, it should provide you amazing results in few weeks.