Want a brighter, younger and overall good- looking skin? Include a topical vitamin c serum in your skin- care routine. A vitamin c serum is an oil- and water based cosmetic product that contains a higher concentrated amount of vitamin c than those vitamin c creams and other skin care product in the market. As a result, using a serum regularly allows the user to see noticeable results in lesser time. Additionally, a vitamin c serum is completely natural and does not contain any harmful ingredients that can damage your skin. Unlike commercial skin care products, vitamin c serums are formulated to be gentle enough for everyday use. To learn more about why is vitamin c serum good for your skin? -read this interesting guide below.
Benefits of vitamin c serum for skin
- Promote collagen production: Due to the aging process, the skin begins to decrease its collagen production, giving rise to fine lines and wrinkles. Using serums containing vitamin c helps the body produce more collagen. This helps fill in fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a more youthful looking skin.
- Helps Brighten Skin: Serums contain vitamin c act as a natural bleaching agent. Using the serum regularly will help brighten and lighten skin, helping reduce hyper- pigmentation, the appearance of under- eye dark circles and age spots. As a result, your skin will look healthier and more vibrant.
- Protects skin from sun damage: The high oxidant levels in vitamin c helps protect your skin from free radical skin damage caused by the harmful UV rays of the sun. Including the serum in your skin care routine can be highly beneficial in helping repair signs of sun damage such as fine lines and discoloration. Additionally, applying the serum after you have been sunburned speeds up the healing process of the sunburn and helps get rid of the redness, burning or itching caused due to it. For best results, use the serum in conjunction with an SPF before stepping out in the sun for extended periods of time.
- Helps moisturize skin: Using a vitamin c serum offers two benefits over moisturizers: deep penetration and rapid absorption. Serums that contain L- ascorbic or ascorbic as an active ingredient helps reduce trans- epidermal water loss in the skin, allowing the skin to retain moisture. Using topical vitamin c products helps provide your skin high concentration of vitamins required to boost moisture content and overall hydration.
- Improves skin’s natural Healing Response: Vitamin c helps speed up the natural healing process of the body. Applying vitamin c serum on acne scars, small cuts or blemishes can help heal them more quickly and efficiently. Additionally, vitamin c contains high inflammation- reducing qualities. Applying a little bit of the vitamin c serum on the skin can be highly beneficial for people who often notice unsightly puffiness around the eyes or other areas of the face when they wake up in the morning.
How to use a Vitamin c serum?
After having learned about why is vitamin c serum good for your skin?-it is important to know about its proper application to obtain good results. Always apply the serum on your skin before using a moisturizer. Applying the moisturizer first can prevent the serum from getting absorbed into the skin and provide skin health benefits. Continue with your normal skin care routine after you have moisturized your skin. A vitamin c serum can be applied once or two a day to attain young and beautiful looking skin.
Tip: Always keep the vitamin c serum (we recommend – Hydra-Glow Multi-Benefit Serum by Vernal Beauty or their entire line of organic skin care products) refrigerated after you have purchased it. This will prevent it from oxidizing quickly, giving better skin care benefits for the same price.